Thursday, February 4, 2010

Puppet Theater Presents

We have a puppet theater, but it has gone untouched for a while. (Check out this post on how to set up your own puppet theater.) Part of the problem is that I like to have a story or script in mind before starting the show. Well, my daugther asked for a puppet show this week, and I didn't have an original story in mind. I improvised with a story that turned out ok. Most of our puppets are farm animals so that's what I used, but any puppet will work.

(Horse is grazing in a field and Cow approaches.)
Cow (in sad tone): Hi Henry Horse.
Horse: Hey Bessie Cow. How's it goin'?
Cow: Well, Henry Horse, I'm hungry. Could I have some of this grass?
Horse: Sorry Bessie Cow, but this grass is for me. I haven't eaten all night!
(Cow moves on to the barn and finds Pig.)
Cow (in sad tone): Hey Patricia Pig. I'm hungry. Could I have some of your corn?
Pig: Sorry Bessie Cow, but this corn is for me. The farmer feeds me only once a day!
(Cow moves on and finds Cat.)
Cow: Cissy Cat, I'm hungry. Would you share your food with me?
Cat: Bessie Cow, I ate all my food this morning. I'm sorry.
Cow (to audience): I'm sad and hungry. Will you share your food with me?
If the audience says "yes":
Cow: Thank you for sharing with me. I am very happy. (Sing all together "If You're Happy and You Know It")
If the audience says "no":
-ask them for suggestions on how to find food
Cow: Maybe the farmer will share his food with me.
(Cow approaches farmer)
Cow: Fred Farmer, I'm hungry. Will you share your food with me?
Farmer: Bessie Cow, I'd love to share with you!
Cow: Thank you for sharing with me. I am very happy. (Sing all together "If You're Happy and You Know It")
Need puppets?
Click here to find templates for paper bag puppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment